Saturday, June 30, 2007

Who do you trust?

Remembering past actions… I trusted so many people. I trusted my parents growing up because they provided for me. Later in life I trusted my first girl friend because I was so in love with her. Moving forward I trusted many friends with things that was very valuable to me. Now let me say this… my parents, first girl friend, and all other friends failed in the total trust category.

Trust!
Let’s take a look at a few dictionary meanings…

1. Reliance on the integrity, strength, ability, surety, etc., of a person or thing; confidence.
2. Confident expectation of something; hope.
3. Confidence in the certainty of future payment for property or goods received; credit: to sell merchandise on trust.
4. A person on whom or thing on which one relies: God is my trust.
5. The condition of one to whom something has been entrusted.
6. The obligation or responsibility imposed on a person in whom confidence or authority is placed: a position of trust.
7. Charge, custody, or care: to leave valuables in someone's trust.
8. Something committed or entrusted to one's care for use or safekeeping, as an office, duty, or the like; responsibility; charge.

Let’s take a look at a few Bible meanings…

Psalm 18 (NKJV)

2. The LORD is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer; My God, my strength, in whom I will trust; My shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.

Psalm 28 (NKJV)

7. The LORD is my strength and my shield; My heart trusted in Him, and I am helped; Therefore my heart greatly rejoices, And with my song I will praise Him.

Psalm 115 (NKJV)

11. You who fear the LORD trust in the LORD; He is their help and their shield.

Proverbs 3 (NKJV)

5. Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding;
6. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths.


Who you trust determines your destiny. Let’s view a few of Joshua’s remarks from the Old Testament…

Joshua 24 (NLT)

15. But if you refuse to serve the Lord, then choose today whom you will serve. Would you prefer the gods your ancestors served beyond the Euphrates? Or will it be the gods of the Amorites in whose land you now live? But as for me and my family, we will serve the Lord.”

Man will fail you every time; I heard someone say “but God!” Are you going to place your trust in a perfect God or an imperfect man? I prefer to serve the Creator rather than the created. Psalm 34:19 (KJV) many are the afflictions of the righteous: but the LORD delivereth him out of them all. We need to hold fast to our faith in God; remember what the Word said in Isaiah 54:17 (KJV) No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their righteousness is of me, saith the LORD.

Life does come at us fast – but if we stand firm in the faith no matter what comes our way, we can truly experience the loving protection of our God. The Bible say no weapon that is formed against us shall prosper, but remember many weapons will be formed against us, it’s just they are unable to take us out as long as we trust God.

I pray that all professing Christians let their lights shine before men/women so that our Father in Heaven who sees all may be glorified. Time is running out...

Blessings to all!
CJ

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home