Wednesday, April 18, 2007

I can’t do it anymore

The “I can’t do it anymore” phase present that one is or has given up. I went through so much in my life growing up, and yes I used the phase “I can’t” often. I can remember when someone close to me spoke those words in my hearing; they were on the verge of giving up, not just things, but life. What was I to do…? It was as if our Heavenly Father stepped into my body and spoke life into a dead situation. This person’s life changed that very hour; they got up with a renewed spirit, and haven’t looked back since. God will do what He said, but we must believe…

Hebrews 11:6 (NKJV)
But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.

Hebrews 10:23 (NKJV)
Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised is faithful.

James 2:14 (NKJV)
[Faith without Works Is Dead] What does it profit, my brethren, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can faith save him?

James 2:18 (NKJV)
But someone will say, “You have faith, and I have works.” Show me your faith without your works, and I will show you my faith by my works.

James 2:20 (NKJV)
But do you want to know, O foolish man, that faith without works is dead?

A fellow brother in the Gospel asked me one day… how do you know you have FAITH? Each time you go to the bank teller there is money, you insert your card, and the money appears. That stuck with me for a long time until I was tested. I left Germany enroot to relocate in a specific state; arriving to a relative home, no job, just FAITH. I was totally at peace! I went for my first interview, the person called me back the next day asking if I could start the next Monday, this was on a Friday, I said no, but I can start Tuesday… he laughed and said ok, we will talk then.

Now let me tell you what happened in Germany… I prayed for a specific job in Germany, the job just happened to be in a state that the family was comfortable with, so God granted my request.

You see, FAITH without works is dead! If we want something from the Lord within reason… we must first believe, then we must go and get what we requested. Sometimes God doesn’t give our requests because He knows best, but does meet our needs.

FAITH is the key to pleasing God.
Blessings to all!

CJ

1 Comments:

At 8:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you CJ for this lesson on faith. Very True.
Your friend, Janice

 

Post a Comment

<< Home