Monday, March 19, 2007

Can I trust you?

I often think back to some of my old military moments. Early on in my military journey I can remember when most transactions were conducted merely by word of mouth. We were all trusting, never really had a problem until one day; notice that everything seems to change one day! The trust system we had in place suffered from a failure of one person to hold their end of a promise.

We as a military family went through hard times; many people changed their approach when allowing others to use items normally rendered without question. Per the new guidelines, everything had to be signed out if anyone outside the current organization had need of it. Man, those were hard times!

Notice how one problem changed everything. Let me say this... even though a potential problem existed, I practice business as usual, because I got to know a person before allowing them use of my items. I would check many people out, most I would render the item they had need of, shake their hand and the item would be returned as promised. There were exceptions to my rule; a few people had to sign for the needed items because their past behavior forced me to cover myself.

As I look back over my life, I am so glad God allowed me to experience the good and bad of what this life presents, because I have learned so much. I have found if you want to live this life in its fullness, give God the controls… the young singer Carrie Underwood said it best “Jesus Take the Wheel.” The BIBLE instructs…

Proverbs 3:5 – 10 (NLT)

5. Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding.
6. Seek his will in all you do, and he will direct your paths.
7. Don't be impressed with your own wisdom. Instead, fear the Lord and turn your back on evil.
8. Then you will gain renewed health and vitality.
9. Honor the Lord with your wealth and with the best part of everything your land produces.
10. Then he will fill your barns with grain, and your vats will overflow with the finest wine.

Wow! What a promise! All we need to do is “Trust in The Lord.” I have tried these words for myself, and they are true to the core. I’m not just writing to stroke your emotions; the Word is true!

Let’s give our children a good example; first we must be an example. I am so proud of my baby son; he found several one dollar bills on the floor in a certain house we visited, without even thinking about it, he brought the money to the lady of the house, presented it to her, and said someone dropped this money on the floor. If only you could have seen her face. She was shocked that a young man at his age would even consider such a thing. As I sat there as a proud father, it reminded me of our Heavenly Father. When we do what’s right in His sight, I believe He just smile, and say that’s my boy or girl.

Can I trust you? What a question; we need to rebuild the lost trust so that our Father in Heaven can bless us as He desires. He love us some much, but can’t really bless us because we are untrustworthy.

Starting today, lets make every attempt to do what is right when interacting with our fellow human counterparts, and see don’t our Father show up, and bless you as never before. Trust is a great thing!

Blessings to all,

CJ

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home