Saturday, March 31, 2007

Second time around

I can remember a song from years back; let me share a few words…

“I know you come a long way baby but you don't need that heart of stone, you proved that you could do it do it baby you could make it on your own…

You can't keep running away from love 'Cause the first one let you down no, no, no and though others try to satisfy you baby with me true love can still be found love can still be found…

You know I really love you and I paid for my mistakes, yes I did girl, the more I try to hide my feelings baby this old heart gets in the way and love won't let me wait…”

This song speaks about a love we often see or hear about. This young man is trying to convince this young lady to give him a chance to show her how she should be loved. She has shown that she can survive without him, but trust issues possibly have established residence inside her heart. When you have been hurt, it’s really difficult to get back in the game of trusting again. But you really need to get back up again! You know the old sayings… you don’t miss the water until the well run dry. It’s their lost!

When I see the difficulty in relationships, and the brokenness, even sayings that I don’t need him or her - I can do badly all by my self. If the truth be told that’s not the real you speaking, that’s pain, fear, and many other dislikes on the inside coming out.

I often think about what God said when He created all things; all the animals, birds of the air, creeping things - all had companions but Adam. God’s heart was deeply moved. He saw that there was no suitable companion for the man (Adam). God couldn’t allow that to happen because God is LOVE.

Genesis 2:18, 21 - 22 (New Living Translation)

18. Then the Lord God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper who is just right for him.

21. So the Lord God caused the man to fall into a deep sleep. While the man slept, the Lord God took out one of the man’s ribs and closed up the opening.

22. Then the Lord God made a woman from the rib and he brought her to the man.

God cares’ about the brokenness, He designed us male and female to share our lives together. God established the very first marriage. If we really desire to experience true love we need to find “God first” because God is love. You may ask what if I have already experienced a false sense of love, and can’t really love again. I would say find your way to God like never before, read the human instructions…

Basic
Instructions
Before
Leaving
Earth

After giving God some of your time He will love on you, and that love will be viewed by many people, then you will love again. The reason we’re able to love again is… God will purge the old false love, and refill it with unconditional love. You will no longer view only what a person look like on the outside, but a combination of both the outside and inside.

I’ve learned to first look at a lady, see her outer beauty, and then go for the best part… the inter woman. Outer beauty will fade away just as a good paint job on a vehicle or house; but what’s inside have the greater value. I’ll refuse a relationship in the early stages based on a lack of mutual affection. It’s just not worth the pain in the long run to reach out to another, and get nothing but a momentary feeling in return. We hold on to people merely because they look good. I’ve seen many beautiful vehicles that look good but they aren’t going anywhere because something on the inside is in need of repair. Maybe “the engine is blown.” Beauty on the out side ONLY doesn’t count for much.

Want a second time around? Stop allowing people to test drive, either they want you or they don’t. And let me say this… just because someone go to church doesn’t mean they are a Christian any more than standing in a car garage make you a car. Check out their fruit! In addition, don’t rule out the small things you see, question things, get everything you desire out in the open. Communication is the fuel that’s needed to keep a strong relationship. If you don’t communicate well when you’re dating, I suggest not going to the final step (marriage) things get worse. Don’t hold on to a person if they don’t want you! Even though it hurt, just move forward; God has something better.

I want to speak to the men now… God made women for us men to love not to practice our fighting skills. What about our daughters? What if some egghead put his hand on one of our daughters? The bible say there is a time for everything. You can figure out what I’m thinking!

Let me close by speaking to the women… don’t settle for a guy just because he make you feel good for a moment, wait for the one who will love you forever. Many ladies sell themselves short. You are wonderfully made! Now get out there and present the Queen you are. Stop pursuing guy’s and allow a man to pursue you.

Apply the written guidance, and your love life will have you walking with your head up forever.

Blessings to all,

CJ

1 Comments:

At 8:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So true! I definitely needed this one CJ. I'm glad I came across your blog page. You have a lot to share, and it should not be wasted. Be Blessed.
Janice

 

Post a Comment

<< Home