Friday, October 20, 2006

Who will make the sacrifice?


I visit many different shelters, halfway houses, nursing homes, children shelters, and others. Now don’t get me wrong, I’m nothing special, just presented with a caring heart as many of you are.

I see so much brokenness, people walking around with no sense of purpose; many of them had beautiful lives before everything started to tumble down.

Isn’t it something how one day we’re on top of the world, next day life knocks on our doors with news we really didn’t need; life as we knew it change forever.

I myself started out in brokenness as many of our children have today; growing up struggling from day to day, forced to become an adult before our time. I can recall words I said continually – when I get out of here, I’ll never repeat this process. When I finished High School I left the very same night of graduation. I became motivated to make a difference not only in my life, but in the lives of others. I was always a good person, in my eyes anyway, but being good is only a very small process of the whole. I took on a great life task helping anyone that crossed my path that seemed to be stuck in life with no sense of hope. I must confess that the God in my mother showed Himself in my life prompting a desire to reach out and lend a helping hand. Nothing I did, it’s all because of Him (God).

I cross paths with many people from day to day; most are trying to obtain every advantage life has to offer, that’s great, but what next? I believe God allow us to obtain the stuff, whatever that is - to share with others. Everyone doesn’t have the same advantages in obtaining, and the ones who do obtain for the most part is too selfish to show another the way, must less share. Who will take time out of their busy schedules and help? Everything we’ve learned someone took time out and helped, and it wasn’t always the school teachers! Sadly today more than ever our children are learning life lessons through hands on experiences which are very dangerous. It hurt my heart so much to see the struggle, but more than that, to see so many turn a blind eye to this issue. Every opportunity I get to make a difference in another’s life, I except the challenge!

How can we help? Believe it or not we drive pass, walk pass or cross paths with many in need of help. They may not ask, but we know what’s needed. Here is a good rule of approach, if you have a skill teach someone else what you know, especially those who you see that’s struggling. What we do with what God expose us too will surface again in life; if you can help, you should. I often say, when you reach out and assist another; the life you save just might be you own.


Proverbs 19:17

He that hath pity upon the poor lendeth unto the LORD; and that which he hath given will he pay him again.

CJ

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home