Sunday, August 13, 2006

Only the weak will survive

It has been said for as long as I can remember “only the strong will survive.” I beg to differ; when we are strong in our own strength, then we are really weak. But once we become weak, then we’re strong because of the Lord.

2 Corinthians 12:9 (KJV)

And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

First we need to know who we are, if we are children of the highest God, we are blessed with all spiritual blessings. You may say I am a Christian but others are receiving all the blessings. Yes, this may be true for the moment, but we walk by FAITH not by sight.

The very first step in this process is GOD first! If He is the center of our attention, believe me, He knows our every desire. Problem is we become like Sarah and Abraham, God has a plan but we try to help. We see what we want and we try to fit it into our plan. But it may not be God’s plan for our lives.

Let’s break it down – many Christians don’t take full advantage of all that’s at their disposal. Let’s take an electronic device, many times people purchase PDA’s, cell phones, and many other gadgets, take it out of the container and just start using it. We have a limited knowledge of the item, but a large number of people find out later that their device has many features they were unaware of.

All I’m trying to say is when we grow as Christians we will find that everything we need has been packaged, and we just need to become familiar with it. Many Christians don’t know the plans our Father has for us; they’re just walking around with what they have heard or see others doing.

2 Timothy 2:15 (KJV)

Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth (BIBLE). All we need to do is read the instructions! Many of us are already equipped to do powerful things for the kingdom, even things that others can take notice of, and change their way. It’s important to be weak, meaning work in His (God’s) strength, and then we become strong. Our focus is sharper when we’re weak, we rely more on the Father when we’re weak, and we become better people when we’re weak. God can and will strengthen us if we allow Him.

The first lesson in the Christian walk is it’s never about us, it’s always about HIM! Even in our pain and sufferings if it bring glory to God, it’s ok. When all HELL breaks loose in our lives, yes I said when! It’s just a matter of time before it arrives; just remember to stand, He’s an on time God.

Blessings to all!

CJ

1 Comments:

At 5:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is interesting. Just about everyday a female inmate tells me she doesn't want to have people see her cry because they will assume she's weak. I understand that to a degree; a prisoners' first goal is self-preservation--survival. It's hard to get them to challenge their perception of "weakness," though. They see it as a personality flaw rather than as a trait that releases them from fighting irrelevant battles. I like this post. I suppose the challenge for me becomes: 1) How do I encourage them to reframe their notions on weakness, and 2) How do I encourage them to reframe their notions on survival? Thank you for this food for thought.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home