Thursday, September 14, 2006

A Really Bad Day...

There's a guy at a bar staring at his drink.

He sits and stares like this for half an hour.

Suddenly, a big trouble-making truck driver steps next to him, takes the drink from the guy, and slugs it all down. The poor man starts crying.

"Come on man, I was just joking," says the truck driver. "Here, I'll buy you another drink. I just can't stand to see a man cry."

"No, it's not that," the man replies. "This day is the worst day of my life. First, I fall asleep and I get in late to work. My boss, outraged, fires me. When I leave the building to drive home, I find out my car is stolen! The police say that they can do nothing. I get a cab to return home, and when I exit the cab, I leave my wallet and credit cards there and the cab driver just drives away."

"I go home, and when I get there, I find my wife in bed with the gardener. I leave home, and come to this bar."

"And just when I was thinking about putting an end to my life, you show up and drink my poison."

=
Has anyone been their or enroot?

1Pe 4:12 Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened unto you:

1Pe 4:15 But let none of you suffer as a murderer, or [as] a thief, or [as] an evildoer, or as a busybody in other men's matters.

1Pe 4:16 Yet if [any man suffer] as a Christian, let him not be ashamed; but let him glorify God on this behalf.

=

How many of you are aware that many bad days “so to speak” will appear in our lives? How we respond speaks volumes as too who we are, and who’s we are. We are diamonds in the sight of God; most of us like the finished product of diamonds, but they go through so much pressure. Listen for a moment! Get a glimpse of this – we are already victorious, but we must go through the process presented to us by God.

Rom 8:28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to [his] purpose.

What a powerful scripture! Every thing that happens to me is working out for my good, because a good God made me. So when life doesn’t seem to behave at times, just embrace it, God is working it out for your good. Remember the diamond! It’s beautiful when you receive it, but in went through HELL before it could shine. Blessings to all!


CJ

3 Comments:

At 10:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I HAVE HAD SOME BAD DAYS, I thank God for the diamond. I know I am beautiful made,God said it. I know I will have to go through HELL before I will be a Blessing. God is working it out for my good. Thanks for reminding me of ROMAS 8:28 "And we know that all things work togeather for good to them that love God, to them who are called according to his purpose. THANKS

 
At 5:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know that I necessarily believe that one must always go through HELL to receive a blessing. When I think about how the Lord has breathed upon me I'm amazed at His grace! Certainly, I (like every other human being on the planet) have had seasons that were sorrowful, scary, confusing and downright agonizing. But many times those seasons came about because of my own lack of wisdom and my own mismanagement, not because God wouldn't bless me until I went through HELL. Now there are times when I realize God it taking me to another level in Him and the pressure is on. Those diamond-making moments can be excruciating, indeed. It does feel like HELL. But I don't think those moments have a definite and clear beginning and end; it's more of a process because I don't think God intends for us to "sit" on our victory or plant our flag on an accomplishment and go back home. I believe our victories are just another lauching pad. I think God knows we're too fickle to push to the end of a thing before we receive a blessing. We'd never finish anything! I'm thankful that He blesses me in the midst of the storm.

 
At 3:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I BLESS GOD FOR THE WORD OF GOD BECAUSE THINGS IN YOUR LIFE WILL REALLY MAKE YOU WANT TO GIVE UP BECAUSE SOMETIMES THINGS FROM MY PASS AND JUST FINDING CONFIDENCE IN DOING WHAT GOD IS CALLING ME TO DO IS SOMETIMES HARD FOR ME SO I REALLY ENJOY YOUR WRITINGS THEY ARE A BIG HELP GOD BLESS.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home