Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Enablers will pay a great price

Proverbs 22:6 (New International Version)
Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it.

How did we arrive to where we are?

Let’s take a quick life walk…

People who work for what they obtain understand the value of a dollar. Nothing seems to come easy to them; it’s always an up hill battle. When they arrive to their life long destination of greatness a great foundation has been established. In other words, their worth is priceless. When you arrive in this manner, what you gain will carry you through life. Your work ethic will take you to unimaginable places.

People who gained what they have from someone else’s labor and fail to maintain what has been entrusted to them will eventually lose everything. The reason is… they could care less about the value of a dollar. This type of person lives for the moment! They are often more concerned with how they look to others rather than planning for the future. They are the takers of the world, but rarely do they ever give back unless it benefits them. They leave home for a short period of time, but quickly return to safety with mom and dad or just mom because they are mostly to blame for their children’s actions.

People who gain wealth and then work hard to maintain what has been entrusted them are pillars of life. They watched those who were prospering around them, learned what worked and what didn’t, made mental notes until it was time to put life’s lessons into action. These are mountain movers! They care not only about themselves but others as well. They are what I call “God sent!” When God is in a person nothing is too hard! These are well coached children; they are the builders of the world. You can see greatness all over them! Parents glow at their very presence. Note… it’s not about how much money these make, it’s about how many lives they positively impact. They are the givers of life.

While in the military I can recall a soldier assigned to my unit that came from a wealthy family. Unknown to me or my superiors a deal was made between the soldier and his family… If he completed three years of military service with an honorable discharge he would receive a lump sum of money. This was one of the worse soldiers I have ever met in my twenty plus years of military service. He stayed in trouble! It wasn’t until I finally decided to kick him out of the military that he begged to stay because of the deal he and his family had made. To make a long story short I aloud him to remain in the military, but I drilled him into a model soldier. After he left the military with the honorable discharge, He and his family wrote back to thank me for placing their son on the right path. I not only shaped him as a soldier, but as a young man for life. The point here is I completed the training that should have been completed by the parents.

Parents, if you care? Please don’t give your children everything they desire without first validating its cost. Make them work for what they obtain! If a child’s room is dirty, if they don’t take initiative, don’t reward them. Many of our children go through unnecessary life challenges because we as parents fail to take the necessary steps to properly train. The real truth will show up later in life.

Some children are well trained and equipped to take the paths of success, but later fall into traps of discord causing them to get off course. If you have provided good guidance they will get back on track. But sadly, many children are unequipped to handle even the smallest of problems they will experience in life. This is a parent problem! We do our children a disservice by allowing them to dictate their own life rather then being mom or dad.

Finally, when you have provided well for your children; you’ve disciplined them; taught them, now allow them to show that they are learning by giving space to enter this evil world. They may venture off course, don’t panic! If you taught them well they will recover and make you proud. A good parent “Love at all times.”

Proverbs 13:24 (New International Version)
He who spares the rod hates his son, but he who loves him is careful to discipline him.


Blessings to all!
CJ

1 Comments:

At 5:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very inspiring, where were you when I entered the land of the single mom... I agree with this writing, but I am hopeful that my impact has done more than be the introduction to a life of comfort with no accountability. I accept fault for not being as strong a disciplinary as I should have been. I recognize every error I have made., but I am hopeful. Ive tried to provide a good life as I was given, my errors are due to not wanting them to endure any of what childhood experiences were like. I motivate, I encourage, I instill values, and they understand there are consequences for every action. I most importantly let them know they are loved and assure them I will always be there.

After all that, and at the end of the day I must be hopeful. I must prey they heard me even if my way wasnt quite the best.

I look forward to your next writing, Thank you

These things I encourage and reinforce by unnecessary means' probaly, but certainly with my own reason. Thank you for these words, maybe a little late, but I remain hopeful and after reading your writing I am even more encourgaged.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home