Friday, November 04, 2005

You never know who is watching!

I visit a few fast food places on regular basics; one day I was sitting alone at the table eating, and reading, when a voice arrived in my direction saying, may I talk to you? Surprised by the young gentlemen standing before me, I said sure!

He begin by saying, "as you know, I work here; I see you come in quiet often, and you always have a smile, do you ever have bad days?" I responded with if only you knew!

What's on your mind, I asked? I could see the pain written all over his face; He began by saying we'll, I'm thinking of ending it all! Now I'm focused as never before, He continued by saying that his girl friend left him, and he doesn't have any desire to live. In side I'm praying "God give me the words to say to him." Looking intently, I asked why he chose me. He said, I watch people, and you seem to have it together.

I begin to tell him a little about me! I started by saying, "something’s are not as they appear, you see, all those days you saw me come in smiling, all I presented was the sunshine, but beneath, there was so much rain." I continued; man, every person in life has his or her own storms, and they come to make us strong! I pressed through one of my many storms, you can too. I begin to share the storm I went through while he watched without knowledge, I said, "the days I smiled, were some of the toughest times ever presented in my life. I was going through a divorce." His facial expression changed, as he said, I'm sorry, I would have never known. I continued by saying, it's all a part of life.

I turned the table back to his situation, and said, man, you are going to make it! Life is full of sunshine and rain; both are good in their season. Life is raining on you now, your girlfriend may have left, but it doesn't rain forever! Hold fast, steady your course and your sunshine will appear again. I continued by saying, God allow things in our lives to strengthen us, you’re being prepared for something great. His face lit up as if someone had given him a million bucks, and he said I believe what you say, and know matter what happens between my girlfriend and I, I'm waiting for my sunshine.

I concluded by saying, we all make mistakes! I don’t know what happened between you and your girlfriend, but remember this, “you can’t make anyone love you.” Then I added...

Each time something bad happens, I can choose to be a victim or...I can choose to learn from it. I choose to learn from it. "Stand for something or fall for anything!"

I continued by saying, if it can be worked out, then pursue it, if not; be willing to part with her. Don't allow your friends to talk bad about her, she still have many qualities. Then wisdom really kicked in, and I said, don’t ever close doors or rip down bridges, you may need to enter or cross them one day. If you see her with someone else, and it doesn’t set well with you, leave the scene without incident. The bigger person always walks away.

To all who read this true story, just remember; always be willing to share a word of encouragement to another, even if you don’t feel like it. In so doing, you yourself may be refreshed. God allow us to obtain Wisdom, knowledge, and many other qualities, not only for our good, but to help others who lack sound direction. These words I leave with you, in helping others, the life you save, just might be your own.

TWT

CJ

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home